Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) offers programs and resources for aging and older adults, career counseling, dentistry, mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and need-based support services. They serve thousands of individuals annually regardless of age, race, religion, national origin or ability to pay.
Their career services unit have 4 amazing events to offer in the month of July. All times are Eastern Time Zone:
- Virtual Job Search Workshop - July 06, 2021, 10:00am to 11:00am
- A one hour workshop where we will explore strategies to conduct a successful job search that will help you secure employment more effectively. This workshop will cover key information regarding organizing an action plan to move your job search forward. Topics will include how to handle the emotional roller coaster, job choice and self-assessments, identifying potential employers, creating a personal branding statement, networking strategies and more.
- Virtual Resume Workshop - July 13, 2021, 10:00am to 11:00am
- Learn how to create an effective resume or improve the one you already have. Transform your resume into a powerful tool. This workshop will identify the different parts of a resume and their purpose, create a master profile of core competences and accomplishments and provide a checklist of resume do's and don'ts. It will also help you develop a cover letter to accompany your resume.
- Virtual Interviewing Workshop - July 20, 2021, 10:00am to 11:00am
- Learn how to better prepare for an interview, understand the different types of interviews and answer common interview questions. This workshop will address how to tackle difficult interviewing moments as well as help you gain strategies on the do’s and don’ts of salary negotiation.
- Virtual LinkedIn Workshop - July 27, 2021, 10:00am to 12:00pm
- A two hour virtual LinkedIn Workshop designed to give job seekers and those in career transition a solid base of information to strengthen their brand on LinkedIn. This workshop will cover how to set up a profile and use the job search resources offered through LinkedIn.